Wednesday 30 April 2014

Developing the FIrst level

To make my first level I will have to make my tile set, I will hand draw in them in either PhotoShop or Gimp. I first Started to use Gimp to draw the Tiles however I found this program difficult to understand to use, so i moved on to using PhotoShop.
I have developed a TileSet is set to 64 by 64 pixels, I have made 6 different planets and object that will feature in the map design. 
Originally the planets in the map were going to be obstacles in the games however, as with the restrictions of the phaser. The objects cannot be round. so i have decided that these objects will only feature in the game as a backdrop.

The Program I used to develop my level was 'Tiled' i imported the image i made into tiled where I set the tiles to 64 by 64, it then allow me to click and drag the tiles in the places where i wanted them to be. after I set all the tiles in the places i wanted them to be I exported the as a JSON file. 







No comments:

Post a Comment